BioVM 18.04 is here!
A new release of BioVM is now available for download.
Latest bioinformatics software
Conda is now used for most bioinformatics software. An environment called bioenv is setup with latest available versions of bedtools, blast, bowtie2, bwa, clustalo, cutadapt, fastqc, fastx_toolkit, mummer, muscle, primer3, samtools and trimmomatic.
The command to activate bioenv is ca bioenv.
Galaxy - Docker support, simple commands for management
Added support for Docker as a destination in job configuration.
Disabled autostart of Galaxy with supervisor at VM start. This can be changed in /etc/supervisor/conf.d/galaxy.conf.
- Added Python (2 & 3) headers, library and development tools.
- Removed command-not-found program as it could cause confusion as multiple package managers in use.
- Removed TopHat. why?
- Updated RStudio (1.1.419 -> 1.1.442).
- Vagrantfile changes
- Changed minimum memory requirement to 4GB from 2GB.
- Switched on verbose flag.
- Disabled box update check to speed up builds.
- Font files are now included in the repo.
- Increase panel size, disabled panel animations.
Available online at https://biovm.gitlab.io.